Join Our Team
Do you stand out from the rest? Would you like to join the All on Board team?
Below you’ll find a candidate profile and details of how to apply with us.
|Roles:||Providing interactive and personalized business English training in-or at All on Board|
|Workload:||Between 1 and 4 courses on average per week (may vary)|
|Remuneration:||Payment depends on experience and qualifications.
We offer higher remuneration than the average language school.
|Essentials:||Located in the city in which you are applying for work
Minimum two-year commitment
Native speaker or near-native language competence in language in which you are applying to work
Experience in blended learning (Moodle, Blackboard etc.) and mobile learning
Legal documents required to live and work in city/country in which you are applying for work
|Desirables:||Materials development experience
Business background or higher education in business-related field
Intercultural communication qualifications
Business, management, soft-skills training
Knowledge of learners’ L1 and working culture
|Benefits:||We offer yearly membership to the local/international teaching association
We sponsor trainers to go to the yearly IATEFL BESIG conference
We provide regular development workshops and observations
We work with trainers to help them access extra training relevant to their work with our training-compensation agreement
|Business English||German||Other languages|
|Essentials||CELTA/Trinity Cert + two years’ experience, or CELTA Pass B with one year’s experience, or CELTA pass A with less than one year’s experience||EUROLTA Zertifikatskurs DaF or pre-service training certificate with observed teaching practice for target language||IH Certificate in Teaching Languages to Adults (CLTA)
or pre-service language training certificate with observed teaching practice for target language
|Desirables||DELTA or Master in TESOL.
FTBE or Cert IBET.
|Master’s in teaching German as a second or foreign language Knowledge of or experience in working in an American or British working environment||Master’s in teaching target language as a second or foreign language Knowledge of or experience in working in an American or British working environment|
The following are interesting extras for candidates, but trainers who only have one of these are encourage to apply after the CELTA or relevant pre-service teacher training qualification with observed practice module:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in English, German
- Foreign languages, literature
- Educational degrees for primary/secondary school, PGCE (United Kingdom)
- YL extension
A complete application includes:
- A CV/resumé in PDF format in English or German
- Scans of relevant teaching qualifications (see trainer profile above)
- Completed task 1
- Completed task 2 (Trainers applying as Business English Trainers)
Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
Task 1 (all applicants)
Potential All on Board trainers should answer 3 of the following 5 questions. Please upload a video of your responses to your Dropbox account and share it with email@example.com.
- What is your philosophy on teaching and learning vocabulary?
- Outline how you adapt course books to your classes.
- Briefly describe your strengths as a language trainer.
- What is an interactive and personalized lesson to you?
- Describe your approach to L1 in the language classroom.
Task 2 (only applicants for business English trainer)
Please choose one of the following two. Upload a lesson plan detailing the stages and activities in PDF format to your Dropbox and share it with firstname.lastname@example.org
- An intermediate level learner in a 1-1 course you are teaching at Monstrous Mobiles was sent this presentation by a colleague. The learner needs to be able to deliver this presentation content in English, answer questions and lead a discussion on the topic. Send a lesson plan detailing how you would use this material.
Please follow this link to material http://goo.gl/WziFlz
- Send a lesson plan for a 90-minute lesson that introduces the future continuous using Business Result Upper-Intermediate. If you choose to use supplementary or complimentary activities or worksheets, please send these as part of your lesson plan.
Please follow this link for the material http://tinyurl.com/kgv5o3v